VIU Job Posting and Application Systems will be temporarily unavailable on:
Tuesday, March 11, between 10 PM and 10:10 PM; Wednesday, March 12, between 1 to 4 AM; Sunday, March 16, between 6 to 9 AM; Thursday, March 20, between 1 to 5 AM (Pacific Time).
Please visit the systems/site outside these times. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Vancouver Island University - Love Where You Work!
As a strategic partner, foster positive relationships by providing superior service that supports excellence in teaching and learning.
Our Supporting Principles
- Provide superior service to all employees, departments and decanal areas
- Practice and promote ethics and integrity
- Provide consultation through collaboration
- Recognize and value each employee
- Engage in strategic initiatives at all levels
- Cultivate positive relationships
Consider Us Your Resource for
- Employee Development Initiatives
- Return to Work Plans and Accommodation
- Recruitment and Employee Retention Strategies
- Performance Management
- Leave and Attendance Management
- Collective Agreement / Legislation Interpretation and Application
- Statistical Analysis and Management Reports
- Research and Advice on Labour Relations and Negotiations
- Advice on Job Design and Evaluation
- Workshops and Training
- Consultation on Conflict Resolution and Risk Assessment
We have many creative and innovative solutions!
Your Human Resources Team
- Janine Reed, Executive Director, Human Resources
- Stacy Mitro, Manager Labour Relations
- Brenda McKay, Manager Human Resources
- Irma Stevens, Human Resources Administrative Assistant
- Debbie Anton, Human Resources Support Assistant
- Human Resources Advisors: Ardith Conlin, Charles Warriner, Diane Rembold, Mark Webster, Megan Bailey, Susan Farrant
- Human Resources Assistants: Kelli Yamasaki