Gymnasium Facilities & Services
- Main Gym Floor: 2 Basketball Courts, 4 Volleyball Courts, 10 Badminton Courts and more!
- Convertable Raquetball/Squash Court - Courts may be
booked up to 2 days in advance. All users are required to have a valid Gymnasium
pass and to check in at the front gymnasium office prior to use. Racquets are available to rent for $1/use or users can pay a $15/semester or $40 non-refundable fee for the entire year (expires August) for unlimited use.
Online court booking available - contact gym for more information.
- Lockers & Towels
- Fitness & Weight Room - Individual weight stations, free weights, exercise bikes, stair masters, rowers, ellipticals, treadmills & recumbent bikes.
- Multi-Purpose Room - dance classes, stretching, table tennis, heavy & speed boxing bags, wrist straps, Swiss balls, skipping ropes, medicine balls, balance boards and bands and more!
To use the VIU Gymnasium
- Summer gym membership (May 1 - Aug 31) for students returning in September is $20
- Students must present a valid VIU Student card and register to use the facility and equipment. User passes are valid from time of registration through December 31. If you are a returning student in the Spring, renew your memberhship in January and it will be valid through April 30.
- User Pass Fee: FREE!
Faculty & Staff
- Must present a valid VIU Faculty/staff card and register to use the facility and equipment. User passes are valid from time of registration through December 31. If you register in January your membership will be valid until April 30.
- User Pass Fee: FREE!
Public & Community Members
- May purchase a Gymnasium User Pass from the gym office on a semester basis. This card entitles users to unlimited Gym and Weight Room use and reduced rates on courts.
- User Pass Fee: $90/semester (Sept-Dec, Jan-Apr or May-Aug)
- Drop-in Fee: $5 for a one day pass
- HST to be added to all above rates
- Alumni Rate: $75/semester with valid alumni card
For more information, please email the Gymnasium
Facilities are available to community groups on a rental basis. The gymnasium has a 20,000 square foot floor that can be rented at full or 1/2 gym rates.
For further information and rates, please contact the Gymnasium Coordinator, Danielle Hyde at: email@example.com or call 250-740-6431.
Gymnasium Information & Hours - 250 740 6418
Building 190, Room 107