The Communications and Public Relations (CPR) Department plays an important role in shaping the marketing, recruitment, enrolment management and university relations activity at VIU.
We collaborate across the University to create an exceptional learning environment for our students as well as important relationship networks that will attract, recruit and retain students and community support.
It is the goal of Communications and Public Relations to implement strategies that position VIU as:
- A centre of excellence for teaching and learning
- A centre of internationally respected research
- A provider of high quality, high calibre graduates who are in demand by employers
- The first choice for adult learners seeking education and training
- A major contributor to Vancouver Island’s culture, economy and knowledge base
- An institution that values a diverse range of training and education
- An institution that values our relationships with our students, alumni, First Nations partners, communities, employees, retirees, government, investors, partners in education and the public
Areas of responsibility include:
- Communications: including E-VIU, VIU’s electronic newsletter; A Point of VIU, VIU’s online news source and other key internal publications.
- Government Relations
- Media Relations
- Marketing, advertising and graphic design: Publications Policy; Advertising and Communications guidelines; Logos and logo use (Visual Identity Standards)
- Photography and Videography: VIU Flickr Photostream; VIU Youtube Channel
- Recruitment Services
- Social Media Engagement
- Strategic Enrolment Management
- Website Management: technology use; web accessibility; web standards guidelines