CUPE - Training & Development
Non-VIU Program, Course, Conference,
Seminar or Workshop
Non-VIU Program, Course, Conference, Seminar or Workshop
- Research and compile all the necessary details for your program, course, conference, seminar or workshop.
- Apply to the CUPE Training & Development fund by completing the online CUPE Professional Development Fund - Online Application. Apply for the full cost of your course(s), program or conference and any associated costs such as textbooks, software or travel. Once you have submitted your application, you will be able to add attachments to support your request.
- If necessary, complete an Employee Travel and Expense Advance request form to submit along with your application. If you are unable to pre-pay for the program/course/conference, the CUPE T&D Assistant can prepare a Cheque Requisition or request a Purchase Order from the Financial Services Department.
- Allow up to 2 weeks for approval.
- Once CUPE funding is approved you will receive a sponsor letter from the T&D Assistant. Submit the original sponsor letter to the outside organization and keep a copy for your records. Make arrangements with the T&D Assistant and the organization for how and when payment to them will be processed.
- Submit final receipts to the T&D Assistant.