As of January 2013 there are NEW Accessibility Stations on the main floor of the Library. These stations are open to ALL users. You may book these stations to use Kurzweil, Zoom Text, Inspiration or the Merlin HD Camera. Contact the library for more information (VIU > Library > Request > Accessibility Station Booking).
The next Kurzweil Training session is March 12th, 12-1 pm, B356 R236. This session is open to all VIU community: students and staff.
Did you know...
- Disability Services are available at VIU's Nanaimo, Cowichan, and Powell River campuses?
- Disability Services is located on the second floor of Building 200?
- Thirteen units in the Student Residences at Nanaimo campus are accessible for students with disabilities?
- 637 students with a documented disability were registered with Disability Services at all VIU campuses last year?
- Mental Health is the largest category of disability for students currently registered with Disability Services?
- Many disabilities are invisible? …Like hard of hearing, mental health, visual impairment, neurological, learning disabilities, chronic health conditions, and autism.
- That Disability Services accommodated 1194 exams, assessments and quizzes from September 2011 to August 2012?
- In June 2010, 32 students with disabilities received degrees at Convocation, 13 received diploma's, 7 received certificates and 18 graduated from trades and 1 with a Masters degree?
- That Disability Services is the place to set up services like note taking and tutoring?
- Your documentation is kept completely confidential and is not attached to your student record or provided to your instructors?
- Assistive technology may be purchased or acquired through a loan bank to assist you in class?