On this page:
- Canada-Mexico Awards for Canadians
- Canadian Language Assistants in France
- Canadian Bureau for International Education Awards
- Killam Fellowships, Fullbright Canada
- Rotary Foundation, Ambassadorial Scholarships Program
- DAAD German Academic Exchange Service
- Awards sponsored by Foreign Affairs Canada (FAC)
- Chinese Government Scholarship
- Student Travel & Conference Fund & the Jessica Wilde Conference Participation Fund
- Other Resources
The Government of the State of Kuwait has announced the availability of two scholarships for Canadians, over the age of 18, interested in an eighteen month Arabic language program at the Kuwait University Arabic Language Institute. The award includes:
- one round-trip flight ticket (Kuwait-Canada)
- 100 KD allowance for books per term;
- a room at a Kuwait University dormitory; and
- a monthly allowance.
Application packages including supporting documents must be received by the Ministry of Higher Education of the State of Kuwait by August 1, 2012. An academic aptitude test for preselected candidates will be administered by the Ministry on September 10, 2012.
Interested Canadians must contact Ms. Kristie Espinal, Kuwait University Advisor, at the contact information below for all competition related questions; including eligibility, application form details, and required supporting documents.
- Ms. Kristie Espinal, Kuwait University Advisor
- The Cultural Office of the Embassy of the State of Kuwait
- 3500 International Drive, NW,
- Washington, DC, 20008. USA
- Tel: 1 (202) 364-2135
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2012- 2013 competition fortheCanada-Mexico Awardsfor Canadians has now been launched. As part of a reciprocal agreement,Mexico isoffering 15 awards to Canadian students or researchers at the Master’s, PhD, or Postdoctoral level who wish to spend up to 12 months in one of its eligible institutions. The award covers tuition fees, language classes (if necessary), monthly living allowance, medical insurance, and transportation costs.The deadline to apply is August 31, 2012.For all the information pertaining to the program and the current competition, please visit the Foreign Government Awards Program – Mexico webpage.
Application deadline: See Website. The French Ministry of Education is actively recruiting young Canadians to be English Language Assistants in France for the upcoming academic year. Candidates will be placed in primary and secondary schools, as well as French Teacher's Colleges.
There are currently 262 Canadian Language Assistants in France. The main contact for this program is Ms. Nancy Gill of the French Embassy in Ottawa: email@example.com.
For information: www.ciep.fr
- http://www.ciep.fr/en/assistantetr/index.php (in English)
- http://www.ciep.fr/assistantetr/index.php (en français)
Application Deadline: See Website . The Canadian Bureau for Interionational Education supports several scholarships for Canadian students wishing to learn abroad. For a current list of scholarships available and application deadlines visit their website at: http://www.cbie.ca/english/scholarship/canadians.htm
Application Deadline: see website. The Killa Fellowships Program provides an opportunity for exceptional undergraduate students from universities in Canada and the United states to spend either one semester of a full academic year as an exchange student in the other country. The kill fellowships Program ffers a cash reward of $10,000 US ($5000 per semester), along with an allowance of $500 to offset health insurance costs. For more information and application forms please visit: http://killamfellowships.com/programs.html
Application Deadline: Set by individual Rotary clubs in accordance with the district deadline (generally between March and July). The Rotary Foundation of Rotary International sponsors an international education program for ambassadors of goodwill. For more information, research Educational Programs on the Rotary website.
Applicants must have completed two years of post-secondary course work when the scholarship begins. Initial application must be made through a local Rotary club. There are five types of scholarships available but some Rotary districts may only offer one type of scholarship (or none at all). Applicants must check with the local club regarding availability:
- Academic-Year Ambassadorial Scholarship for one regular academic year;
- Multi-Year Ambassadorial Scholarship for two years of full-time degree-oriented study;
- Cultural Ambassadorial Scholarship for either 3 or 6 months of intensive language training and cultural immersion.
Deadline for the DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship and the University Summer Course GrantsJanuary 31, 201. The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is seeking highly qualified undergraduate applicants for the following programs:
- Undergraduate Scholarships: May be granted for a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 10 months for study, senior thesis research and/or internships in Germany. For details please see: http://www.daad.org/?p=47220
- University Summer Course Grants: This program provides scholarships to attend a broad range of three- to four-week summer courses at German universities which focus mainly on literary, cultural, political and economic aspects of modern and contemporary Germany. Extensive extracurricular programs complement and reinforce the core material. http://www.daad.org/?p=47438
- The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is the largest academic exchange organization in the world. They offer a variety of scholarships for North American students: a two-month "Summer Course" for students completing their B.A. degree; a three-month traineeship for students of engineering sciences, natural sciences, and agriculture and forestry; and the three-month "Work Student Program" for work and travel in Germany.
For information on the scholarships and studying in Germany, visit the DAAD website.
The Organization of American States (OAS) and the Coimbra Group of Brazilian Universities (GCUB), have joined together to announce that they will offer up to 50 scholarships for foreign students who wish to pursue a Master’s Degree in Brazil. The deadline for applications is August 31.http://www.oas.org/en/scholarships/brazil.asp
Application Deadline: See Website
For information on awards supported by Foreign Affairs Canada (FAC), visit www.scholarships.gc.ca. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Administered on behalf of FAC by the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE).
Application Deadline: TBA Fifteen students from British Columbia will have the opportunity to study at a Chinese university on scholarships from the People's Republic of China, in collaboration with the ministries of Education and Advanced Education.
Application Deadline: See website Funding available for participation at conference, workshops & colloquia. http://www.viu.ca/research/ResourcesForStudents/FundingOpportunities/StudentTravelandConfrence.asp
FinAid was established in the fall of 1994 as a public service. This award-winning site has grown into the most comprehensive annotated collection of information about student financial aid on the web.
FastWeb is the largest, most accurate and most frequently updated scholarship database. If you supply an email address, they will notify you when new awards that match your profile are added to the database.
Scholarships Canada.Com is an extensive searchable database to find scholarships, student awards, bursaries and grants available in Canada.