Become a Student
To qualify for admission to Malaspina High School, students:
must have completed Grade 9, or equivalent;
must be 15 years of age before the first day of class for the Quarter in which they are registered.
Admission is selective and is based on academic and leadership potential.
Malaspina High School reserves the right to accept or reject any applicant.
Transfer Standing Credit
Transfer Standing Credit and Equivalency Credit for courses completed at other schools will be given to students who provide the necessary supporting documents and demonstrate competence.
The First Five Steps
To apply for admission to Malaspina High School, please follow these five steps:
- Complete an on-line Application for Admission
or fill out a printable Application for Admission
- Participation Agreement - Application Process
- Enclose a certified copy of educational documents for the past two years.
- Provide proof of age.
- Enclose Application Fee.
A letter advising the total amount of tuition fees payable, and how and when to pay will be sent. You will be advised regarding other documents needed to complete your application.
Refund Policy – Canadian Students
- The application fee is non-refundable. Once a student has registered at Malaspina High School he or she is also registered at Vancouver Island University.
- All requests for refunds must be in writing.
- A full refund of tuition and supplies fees minus a $500 administration fee will be paid for the first year of study if written notification is received by the High School Principal 60 days before commencement of the student's first Quarter.
- A full refund of tuition and supplies fees minus a $500 administration fee will be paid in the second and subsequent years of study if fees have been paid for quarters in which the student does not enroll in courses, provided that notice to withdraw from these courses is received in writing by the school Principal 60 days before commencement of the quarter. In such cases, refunds will be at the rate of tuition and supplies fees paid for that quarter less the $500 administration fee.
- There is no refund of fees if a student:
- is found to be in serious contravention of school rules and is asked to leave the school (for example - chronic, unexplained absenteeism; consuming alcohol or drugs at school or while in a homestay situation; demonstrating behaviour which impacts negatively on Malaspina High School or Vancouver Island University);
- decides to withdraw from school at any time during the first year (four quarters) of study at Malaspina High School;
- has been removed from two homestay placements for violation of the Homestay Policy (if applicable).
- The laws of the Province of British Columbia apply.
All requests for refunds not covered by the above must be submitted in writing to the Chairperson of the Board of Directors of Malaspina High School.