Malaspina High School Awards
The Governor General's Academic Medal, Top Academic Achievement Award, Citizenship Award, and Top Math Student Award are presented annually to students.
Dual Credit Scholarships
Students may choose to take a first year Vancouver Island University course during their high school study. Upon successful completion of this course students receive dual credit. The student takes the class on campus and is awarded 4 high school credits as well as university credit recognized by VIU and most other universities in North America. The Dual Credit Scholarship is awarded to students who have a passion for learning and show strong leadership and academic skills.
First Peoples Scholarship
- Awarded to an Aboriginal student
- Has a high academic standard
- Demonstrates leadership and community involvement
- Demonstrates Cultural Awareness
Four awards of $1,000 are awarded to one Aboriginal student from each of Snuneymuxw First Nations, Chemainus First Nations, Snaw-naw-as First Nations, and Salish First Nations. These awards are intended to encourage students to find success at Malaspina High School and continue their studies at Vancouver Island University.
- Awarded to an Aboriginal Student
- Demonstrates leadership and cultural awareness
- Has a strong sense of responsibility