Become a Student
To Apply for Admission to VIU, please follow these six steps:
- Complete an on-line International Application for Admission form or
fill out a printable application form.
- Enclose a $150 (Cdn) non-refundable Application Processing Fee pay by Visa or Mastercard if applying on-line.
Note: your application will not be processed without this fee.
- Enclose a certified copy of all educational documents in the original language, and a certified copy translated into English, if applicable.
- If applying for English Language program: enclose your latest TOEFL results, if available, or proof of six years of formal English language study, if applicable.
If applying for all other programs: arrange to have an original copy of your TOEFL or IELTS results sent to Vancouver Island University, if required.
You must have a basic knowledge of English for the English Language Program. Take a free test to find out if your level of English meets our basic requirement for this program.
- Enclose a passport-size photograph.
- Mail these to:
Director of International Admissions
Vancouver Island University
900 Fifth Street
Nanaimo, B.C. V9R 5S5