Academics for Higher Education & Development
Academics for Higher Education and Development – Universitaires pour l’éducation supérieure et le développement’s (AHED – UPESED) mission is to support developing countries build and expand institutional strength in higher education. It fulfills its mission by sending volunteers to work on projects in the full range of post-secondary institutions - in universities, colleges, and professional and technical schools – and in all areas of instruction including among others, humanities, pure and applied science, engineering, business administration, medicine and nursing.
AHED – UPESED welcomes applications from working and retired faculty, staff, and administrators of universities and colleges throughout the world, as well as non–academic professionals who wish to volunteer for our capacity building projects. All expenses of volunteers are covered.
New information ...
- Fundraising letter – At this time of year many people consider making tax-deductible donations in order to support a favorite charity, with the added bonus of reducing the taxes that will have to be paid in the new year. One such option is Academics for Higher Education and Development (AHED), an organization with which VIU has a formal affiliation. AHED is a charitable organization and can issue tax receipts for donations. This linked letter has information on how your donations will be used. Questions? Contact David Robinson or Audrey Hansen.
- Flyer – We would appreciate if you could print off and post this poster in your department’s mailroom or staff room.
- Newsletters: The most recent AHED newsletter.
- Check out the AHED website http://www.ahed-upesed.org/ for more information or explore the current volunteer opportunities [for example, opportunities exist in Liberia, specifically helping to re-create the national university there].
- VIU Volunteer Roster for AHED