The MBA/MScIB application review committee will be searching for the best candidates for the program and will not be operating on a first-come-first served basis. This means successful applicants to the Vancouver Island University MBA/MScIB program will have strong bachelor degree results, strong language skills, excellent references, a good letter of introduction, and, if possible, some work experience.
Start Date 1: February 28 - This intake is now full.
Start Date 2: April 30 - Due to an increase in applications, this deadline has been moved up to March 15, 2013.
Two Start Dates
Start Date 1 This intake is now full.
- Orientation - June 24 - 28, 2013
- First day of class - July 2, 2013
- Orientation - August 26 - 30, 2013
- First day of class - September 3, 2013
Start Date 2
- Orientation - September 16 - 20, 2013
- First day of class - September 23, 2013
- Orientation - January 2 - 3, 2014
- First day of class - January 6, 2014 (orientation sessions during first week of class)
General Admission Requirements
General Admission Requirements:
- University bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited institution, from a business or non-business program;
- A minimum “B” average in the last 2 years of undergraduate degree;
- Letter of introduction: providing, in your own words, the reasons why you should be accepted into the MBA program. The letter might highlight elements of your past background that have prepared you for the MBA program and clarify your motivation for taking an MBA program and, in particular, this MBA program. The letter should be no more than one page in length and must be written by you. It is acceptable to have it translated to English but it is not acceptable to copy any part of the letter from other sources;
- Two letters of recommendation from past employers or professors must be included as part of the application;
- Work experience preferred but not required;
- No GMAT Required;
- Applicants will be assessed by the MBA Admissions Committee and the best candidates will be offered spaces in the program.
- NOTE: To be considered for admission to the MBA, an applicant must have completed an undergraduate degree at the time of application, OR, if they have not completed an undergraduate degree, they must meet VIU's English language requirements at the time of application.
VIU English language requirement for International students:
- Completion of the VIU English Language Certificate Program (viu.ca/esl) or
- Applicants submitting a TOEFL or IELTS score will need to meet the following requirements: a minimum TOEFL iBT 88 with no sections under 20, or IELTS 6.5 with no band under 6.0, CAEL 70, or equivalents.