Summative Program Assessment
The goal of summative program assessment is the transparent assessment of academic programs in relation to their contribution of VIU's overall mission.
- Summative Program Assessment Criteria
- Summative Program Assessment FAQ's
- Generic Program Template in Microsoft ® Word
- List of Metrics
- 2012 Timelines
- Policy 31.15 Review and Assessment of Instructional Programs and Departments
- Procedure 31.15.001 Review of New Instructional Programs
- Procedure 31.15.002 Review of Existing Instructional Programs and Departments
- Procedure 31.15.003 Summative Assessment of Instructional Programs and Units
- Procedure 31.15.004 Suspension, Cancellation, or Discontinuance of Programs
- Dec. 1, 2011 Senate Minutes (navigate to 2011, Senate-->Senate, 1-Dec-2011)
- List of Programs
- Metric Map (a table that tells where the data elements are found in the Tableau reports)
- The Tableau Summative Assessment reports are available on the Archive Viewer under Institutional Research/Reports for all Employees. (Please note, Firefox works inconsistently so Internet Explorer is recommended.)
- Results Please see the Provost and Vice-President Academic website for September 2012 recommendations.
VIU welcomes your feedback. Please send comments and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.