2012 T2202A Tax Receipts
Students in eligible programs who paid over $100 in combined tuition and activity fees during the 2012 calendar year are eligible for a T2202A tax form. Your 2012 tax form can be printed by accessing your on-line student record, beginning February 1, 2013. These forms are no longer mailed to students.
Should you require assistance with accessing or printing your tax form, please call the Records Department at 250-753-3245, local 2221, or e-mail Records@viu.ca. Toll-free call 1-888-920-2221, local 2221.
Students with Disabilities
If you are a student who has a disability you may claim a full-time education amount if you attended only part-time. Please refer to the T2202 E form available from the Canada Revenue Agency Website. Bring this form to the Registration Centre to have Part 1 completed.
It could be well worth your time to check out the Canada Revenue Agency website for changes to regulations that may affect your educational income tax eligibility - for instance, in 2006 it became possible to claim all or part of the cost of your textbooks, depending on your full or part time attendance.
For more information see the Canada Revenue Agency Website.
For tax years prior to 2004, you must order a duplicate T2202A.
Duplicate T2202A’s can be ordered for tax years prior to 2004 for a small fee. These are made available for pick-up or mail-out as soon as possible upon receiving a request with payment, usually within 7 business days. We use Canada Post, regular mail; we do not make Courier arrangements. If you require a duplicate, please follow the instructions below:
Information Required on T2202A Duplicate Request form:
- First and last name, current mailing address and phone number (if name has changed, please tell us).
- Student number while at VIU.
- Tax year for which you require the duplicate. This is a Revenue Canada form, and conforms to a tax year (Jan. – Dec.), not an academic year. Multiple years can be requested on one form.
- Where you would like the T2202A form(s) sent.
Cost of Duplicate T2202A (prior to 2004 only):
$15 per copy for every income tax year for which you require a duplicate; an academic year starts in the Fall, and goes to the Spring of the following year, so it’s possible you may need more than one income tax year to be covered.
Additional cost for faxing:
There is a $5.00 charge added per each faxing destination. You must provide the fax number and the name of the person to whose attention you want it faxed.
Methods of Placing the Order, and Payment:
(We cannot ship your request without payment information included with your order. If you are unable to send payment by Visa, MasterCard, cheque or money order, you may order a T2202A for pickup at the Nanaimo Campus Main Cashier in Building 200. Payment must be made at the time of pickup.)
- By phone: with Visa or MasterCard, including expiry date, call the Records Dept. at 250-753-3245, local 2221. Toll-free call 1-888-920-2221, local 2221.
- By regular mail: send a cheque or money
order, or Visa or MasterCard number including expiry date, with full
Attn: Records Dept. (Duplicate T2202A Requests)
Vancouver Island University
900 Fifth Street
Nanaimo BC V9R 5S5
- In person: complete a duplicate request form found at the Registration Centre of any campus, with full particulars, and pay the Cashier with cash, cheque, money order, Visa, MasterCard, or INTERAC (debit card).
- By fax: send
the full information, including Visa or MasterCard number and expiry
date, to 250-740-6479, attention:
Records Dept. – Duplicate T2202A Requests.