Train for an in-demand career in trades and technology. VIU delivers the highest standard of education in more than 20 trades and technical fields.
Dedicated, skilled instructors teach the real-world skills employers look for. At VIU you learn your trade in a workplace environment using advanced technology. This hands-on training makes you a top candidate when you enter the workforce.
- Aboriginal Construction Apprenticeship
- Automotive Service Technician Apprenticeship
- Carpentry Apprenticeship
- Culinary Arts Apprenticeship, Co-op
- Electrician Apprenticeship
- Esthetics and Spa Therapy
- First Nations Housing Manager
- Fundamentals of Forest Harvesting Practices
- Hairstylist Foundation
- Heavy Equipment Operator
- Heavy Mechanical Trades Foundation Apprenticeship
- Horticulture Technician Foundation
- Marine and Motorcycle Mechanical Technician Apprenticeship
- Office Administration
- Power Engineering/Process Operator - 4th Class
- Professional Baking and Pastry Arts Apprenticeship
- Refrigeration Air-Conditioning Mechanic Apprenticeship
- Welding Apprenticeship
- Culinary Arts and Baking and Pastry Arts Management Bridging Transfer Program
For all apprenticeships, approximately 80% of the training is done on-the-job and 20% is in-school technical training delivered at an accredited training institution. To become certified, an apprentice must complete on-the-job experience, successfully pass all in-school technical training and pass the Provincial or Inter-Provincial Examination with a 70% or better.
Learn more about VIU Apprenticeships.