Dominion Provincial Youth Training Centre

Automotive Mechanics: 1940 - 1949

Automotive classroom circa 1940. Instructor Jack Macready stands in white coveralls in front of the woodstove that kept students and staff warm through the winter months. The stove was fuelled with wood donated from community members.

The school located to army facilities after the end of WWII in the late 1940s. This 1948 photo shows the main shop at 4th and Wakesiah which occupied a tank repair facility. Instructor Podritski (middle left) can be seen in a white coat.
Image courtesy of VIU Archives

MENU
CLOSE X