Dominion Provincial Youth Training Centre

Facilities: 1950 - 1959


This building was originally Camp Nanaimo's army tank repair facility during WWII. It was used by VTS as an automotive and heavy duty mechanic shop from 1946 - this photo was taken by the Department of Education, 1952.
Image courtesy of the Royal Museum BC Archives


VTS Campus map, late 1950s.
Image courtesy of Kathleen Brodie (Kitchen)


View of Nanaimo Vocational Training School campus (looking downhill), 1957.
Image courtesy of VIU Archives


PDF Version

April 14, 1959: Nanaimo's VTS receives provincial and federal funding for new resources, instructors, and students.
Article courtesy of Nanaimo Daily Free Press

MENU
CLOSE X