Dominion Provincial Youth Training Centre

Service Departments: 1936 - 1939

Students simultaneously learned and contributed to the development of their school. Here, students help construct a wall at the school on Machleary and Wentworth.
Image courtesy of VIU archives


These two buildings at Machleary and Wentworth Streets housed the Dominion-Provincial Youth Training Centre before WWI. They were on the property of the Thomas Hodgson School at the site of the present day Gyro Park. The building on the left remains to this day and is used by the Judo Club of Nanaimo.
Image courtesy of Nanaimo Community Archives

MENU
CLOSE X